We are always looking for ways to improve our organisation. We try to run our practice for your benefit and it would help us to further these aims if you would let us know both the things you find good and things you find difficult or unhelpful.

There is a suggestions box located in the waiting room, alternatively you may prefer to email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


If you have a complaint about any aspect of the service provided by Bollington Medical Centre, please contact the Practice Complaints Manager. You can do this by contacting:

Michele Warwick, The Waterhouse, Bollington Medical Centre, Wellington Road, Bollington SK10 5JH or by telephone on 01625 462593.

Cheshire East Community Health

If your complaint is about District Nursing, Podiatry, GP Out of Hours Service, Health Visiting, School Nursing and Speech and Language Therapy, please contact Cheshire East Community Health who are responsible for providing these NHS Services.

Help and Assistance with Complaints

If you would like assistance with a complaint you can get help from the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service by phoning 0808 802 3000 or via the website:

PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service)

The NHS employs over a million staff in thousands of locations. It is a large and complex organisation providing a broad range of services. It is not surprising that sometimes you or a loved one may feel bewildered or concerned when using the NHS. And this can be at times when you are feeling at your most vulnerable and anxious.

So, what should you do if you want on the spot help when using the health service? The NHS expects all members of staff to listen and respond to you to the best of their ability. But sometimes, you may wish to talk to someone employed especially to help you. The Patient Advice and Liaison Service, known as PALS, has been introduced to ensure that the NHS listens to patients, their relatives, carers and friends, and answers their questions and resolves their concerns as quickly as possible.

PALS also helps the NHS to improve services by listening to what matters to patients and their loved ones and making changes, when appropriate.

What does PALS do?

In particular, PALS will:

  • Provide you with information about the NHS and help you with any other health-related enquiry
  • Help resolve concerns or problems when you are using the NHS
  • Provide information about the NHS complaints procedure and how to get independent help if you decide you may want to make a complaint
  • Provide you with information and help introduce you to agencies and support groups outside the NHS
  • Inform you about how you can get more involved in your own healthcare and the NHS locally
  • Improve the NHS by listening to your concerns, suggestions and experiences and ensuring that people who design and manage services are aware of the issues you raise
  • Provide an early warning system for NHS Trusts and monitoring bodies by identifying problems or gaps in services and reporting them.

Cheshire East Community Health is responsible for providing NHS Services such as District Nursing, Podiatry, Physiotherapy, GP Out of Hours Service, Health Visiting, School Nursing and Speech and Language Therapy in the Central and Eastern Cheshire area and is hosted by East Cheshire NHS Trust.

If you have a concern, comment or a complaint about the care you received, it is better to try and sort it out as soon as possible. Firstly, talk to the staff who are looking after you. The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) may also be able to help you. The PALS service provides on the spot advice, support and assistance. Please contact:

If you wish to discuss your complaint with someone to get further guidance you can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service on (Freephone) 0800 218 2333, by email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or in writing to:

Patient Advice and Liaison Service
Customer Solutions Centre
North West Commissioning Support Unit
3rd Floor
Bevan House
65 Stephenson Way
Merseyside L13 1HN

Changing Your Doctor

If you are unhappy with the service you are receiving and cannot sort out the problem with us, it is simple to change your doctor. All you need to do is to go to a new doctor and ask to register with them. Violent or abusive patients will be dealt with according to our policy.